= Restricted resource
= Some full text
= OpenURL enabled
= Video files
= Audio files
- Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, (TIFR)
- IIIT Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Science(IISc)
- Jadavpur University
- JSS University, Mysore
- National Brain Research Centre (NBRC)
- National Institute of Advanced Studies
- Sri Vishnu Educational Society
- University of Allahabad
- University of Hyderbad
- University of Rajasthan
- Cognitive Science by Dr. Willingham's
- Daniel Goleman - Working with Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- How Does the Brain Work? - Human Cognition by Tom Bosley
- Linguistics as a Window to Understanding the Brain by Steven Pinker
- Origins Symposium - The Cognitive Niche by Steven Pinker
- The Tell-Tale Brain: A Neuroscientist's Quest for What Makes Us Human by V.S. Ramachandran
- Take the Neuron Express for a brief tour of consciousness by V.S. Ramachandran
- What can cognitive science tell us about free will? by Daniel Dennett
This resource guide serves as window to scholarly resources in the area of Cognitive Science. Resources listed here include those that are accessible through our library and also on the web. It enable you to access from one point, the resources such as books, print and e-journals, popular magazines, databases, theses and dissertations and other web based resources. This guide by no means is a comprehensive list, but serves as a useful starting point. We strive to add newer resources and keep the entire range of resource lists updated from time to time.
We request your active participation in making this resource guide as most useful starting point for scholarly resources in the discipline and request for your comments and suggestions.
A-Z LIST OF E-JOURNALS
FELLOWSHIPS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
ONLINE PATENT DATABASE
OTHER WEB RESOURCES
RESEARCH FUNDING AGENCIES
RESOURCES AVAILABLE IN LIBRARY
SEARCH ENGINES (SCHOLARLY)
SOCIAL NETWORKS (ACADEMIC)
TABLE OF CONTENT SERVICES (TOC)
THESES AND DISSERTATIONS
Print Location: Library Stack Area
Library at IIT Gandhinagar has sizable collection of books and reading materials on Cognitive Science and most of these materials are classified under the following Class Numbers:
- 005 Computer Science
- 006.3 Artificial Intelligence
- 128 Philosophy
- 150 Psychology
- 153 Cognitive Science
- 410 Linguistics
- 591 Behavioral Neurobiology
- 612.8 Cognitive Neuroscience
- Tolocate books in Cognitive Science available in Library, please search into Library WebOPAC
- To browse the list of books (bibliography) in Cognitive Science which are currently available in Library, you may click here.
Print Location: Library Circulation Desk
Library compiles & provides a list of books recommended by the faculty members for courses being taught during a semester. These books are usually placed under Course Reserve- CR and Short Loan-SL. Such a list of books for the current semester is given here.
Print Location: Library Circulation Desk
Library has a fast growing collection of CDs and DVDs. This collection is organized separately and are available for viewing inside the library and may also be borrowed (restricted) as per your borrowing privileges. (Link). To browse the list, you may visit here.
Print Location: Periodical Section
Library subscribes to good number of periodicals (Journals and Magazines) in print. These periodicals are separately displayed in alphabetical order in the periodical section of the Library. Older issues are available for borrowing as per the circulation privileges.
The list of these periodicals is available here
Print Location: Both wall side of reading area in Library
Library has sizable collection of reference materials such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, manuscripts, maps, yearbooks and directories etc. This collection is arranged separately on both the wall sides (left & right) in reading area of the Library.
- To browse the list of Reference materials (bibliography) on Cognitive Science which are currently available in Library, you may click here
- You may also like to search into Library WebOPAC
Print Location: Library Stock Area
- Dennett, D. C. (2010). Content and consciousness. London ; New York: Routledge.
Acc. No.: 004162 Call No.:128.2 DEN
- Gallagher, S. (Ed.). (2013). Oxford handbook of the self. Oxford ; New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
Acc. No.: 014876 Call No.: 126 GAL
- Hill, C. S. (2009). Consciousness. New York: Cambridge University Press.
Acc. No.: 003771 Call No.: 153 HIL
- Joinson, A. N. (Ed.). (2007). Oxford handbook of internet psychology. Oxford ; New York: Oxford University Press.
Acc. No.: 007734 Call No.:303.483 OXF
- Tulving, E. and Craik, F. I. M. (Eds.). (2000). Oxford handbook of memory. Oxford ; New York: Oxford University Press.
Acc. No.: 007734 Call No.:303.483 OXF
- Tye, M. (2003). Consciousness and persons: unity and identity. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press.
Acc. No.: 001890 Call No.:126 TYE
- Wegner, D. M. and Pennebaker, J. W. (Eds.). (1993). Handbook of mental control. Englewood Cliffs, Prentice Hall.
Acc. No.: 008279 Call No.: 153.8 HAN
MIT CogNet provides searchable access to ten major reference works published by the MIT Press.
- Albertas Dictionary of Cognitive Science
- Dictionary of Psychology
- Oxford Companion to the Mind
- Psychology Dictionary
- Encyclopedia of Neuroscience
- Encyclopedia of Psychology
- MIT Encyclopedia of the Cognitive Sciences (MITECS) [Print Locaton: Call No.: 153.03 MIT, Acc. No.: 001896]
- MIT Encyclopedia of Communication Disorders
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Provides an access to over 3000 e-books from more than 100 well-known publishers covering almost all disciplines.
Provides over 9327 academic peer-reviewed e-books, and other documents with links to the full text of the publication at the publisher website.
A collaborative electronic book repository supported by 60 academic and research libraries. It provides free access to books, serials, standards, theses, etc.
Internet Archive is nonprofit digital library providing the free public access to collection of digitized materials, including websites, music moving images and public domain books.
A digitization project of books initiated by Carnegie Mellon University. It provides access to over 1.5 million e-books to the readers.
MIT CogNetprovidesaccess to over 700 e-books in in the area of cognitive science
Neuroscience Online the open access Neuroscience Electronic Textbook is interactive courseware for the study of neuroscience.
Project Gutenberg offers free access to a huge collection of books.
DBLP Provides bibliographic information on Computer Science. Indexes more than 1 million articles and also it contains 10,000 links to home pages of Computer Scientists.
The world's largest source of education information, with more than 1 million abstracts of documents and journal articles on education research and practice.
Indian Science Abstracts (ISA) is a bibliographical database published by NISCAIR.
IndMED - bibliographic database covering prominent peer reviewed 100 Indian medical journals bibliography.
This (bibliographic only) database provides access to literature from over 45,000 journals published all over the world.
Offers an online access to a detailed bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations in the area of language and literature. The access to this bibliography dates back to 1920 and contains over 2.3 million citations from more than 4400 journals and 1000 publishers. Read more...
It is a database primarily of references and abstracts on life sciences and biomedical topics.
- Allen Brain Atlas
- Brain Maps
- Comparative Mammalian Brain Collections
- Digital Anatomist
- High Resolution Mouse Brain Atlas
- Human Brain info
- Whole Brain Atlas
Connecting Repositories aggregate all open access research outputs from repositories and journals worldwide and make them available to the public.
Google Scholar indexes journal articles, dissertation and theses, books, conference papers and other research materials from around the world.
Jurn is a free-to-use online search tool for finding and downloading free full-text scholarly works in various fields.
A public search engine for research papers and literature.
PsychSpider is a unique search engine for psychology currently indexing more than 1250 web sites.
Psycline is a guide to Psychological and Social Science Journals available on the World Wide Web.
Some of the titles which deal with the discipline are given here.
BioMed Central is an Open Access (OA) publisher and few of their journals cover Neurobiology, Neuroscience, Neurology and Psychiatry topics.
This is a unique knowledge house of all the clinical conferences, journals and latest research which also include the titles relating to the discipline.
JoVE, the Journal of Visualized Experiments, is a peer reviewed journal published in video format devoted to the publication of scientific research. Library subscribes to JoVE Behavior section which may be directly related to cognitive science. Read more...
JSTOR collection archives and provides access to archival of more than 3000 scholarly journals across more than 40 academic disciplines from 800+ publishers.Click here for accessing JSTOR Daily.
MedIND is a portal providing free full text access to 62 Indian medical journals
MIT CogNet is an online collection of resources for the brain and cognitive science community scientific research work.Besides books & reference books, it has complete collection of five journals and provides abstracts of all major journals in the area of Cognitive Science Read more...
This is a collection of journals published by major University Presses in the area of humanities and social science. This collection covers quite a good number of titles dealing with the subject.Read more...
PubMed Central (PMC) is a free digital repository that archives publicly accessible full-text scholarly articles that have been published within the biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
SAGE is one of the major publishers of journals in the humanities and social sciences areas. Library subscribes to selected titles and the list is given here.
Provided access to over 300 scholarly journals in business and management, library and information sciences, engineering and materials science
- American Scientist
- Annual Review of Neuroscience
- BMC Journal of Neuroinflammation
- BMC Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation
- Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience
- New Scientist
- Neuron: Cell Press
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)
- PLoS Biology
- Scientific American
Library has access to over 1750 peer reviewed full-text journals published Springer, which includes good number of journals in the area of Physics
This is a list of E-Journals on Cognitive Science, Linguistics, Computer Science and Philosophy subscribed by the Library. The list arranged in A to Z alphabetical order and to download the list, you may click here
To browse the A to Z E-Journals Lists subscribed by the Library, you may click here
ScienceDirect includes following journal titles in the area of congnitive science. Read more..
- Cognitive Psychology
- International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience
- Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part A to C
- Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience
An online directory that indexes and provides access to 10,000 + high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals covering all disciplines.
ViXra.org is an alternative e-print archive to the arXiv.org. It contains over 6000 plus e-prints in Arts and Humanities includes Archaeology.
CogPrints, an electronic archive for self-archive papers in the area of Psychology, Neuroscience, Biology, Linguistics, and Computer Science.
Institut Nicod Eprints Archive is archive of research papers in philosophy, sociology and cognitive science.
An electronic archive for preprints in the subject area of philosophy of science.
Provides access to wide variety of literature in social science covering from a number of specialized networks including cognitive science, leadership, management, and social insurance. Also covers some amount of literature in the area of archaeology.
JournalTOCs provides table of contents (TOCs) from over 26,000 journals in all subjects. User can search for journals, set the email based alerts, and view the latest TOC for each journal and link to the full text.
A collaborative collection of twenty-nine educational non-profit and for-profit organizations which are affiliated with more than 200 colleges.
Open Access Textbooks is a FIPSE Grant Project to creating a model of open textbook and establish a state wide open textbook initiative.
This is an open access textbook publishing initiative established by State University of New York libraries and supported by SUNY Innovative Instruction Technology Grants.
Australian University Theses & Dissertations are available under platform of Trove which serves as one point access to over 9,91,000 theses and dissertations.
A platform to access theses submitted by most of the UK higher education institutions. Ethos serves as an index to 300,000+ theses for free and order full text quickly and easily. Electronic Theses Online Service (Ethos) offers free access to the limited number of full text of theses.
It is an Online Library Catalogues of books, theses and journals available in major university libraries in India.
Contains metadata & full text of more than one million electronic theses and dissertations contributed by 125+ member universities & consortia. To visit the Global ETD Search - http://search.ndltd.org/
Indexes theses and dissertations from well-known sources and provide direct link to the full text ETD.
Provides access to full text of theses submitted by the researcher himself under open access initiative with PQDT open.
A source for theses submitted to Indian universities, which includes biological sciences & engineering.
Theses Canada is a central access point for theses submitted to Canadian universities. It holds over 3 lakh theses from 70 universities in both electronic and print formats.
Here are the set of database and search engines providing access to search and retrieve patents.
- Espacenet Patent Search
- FreePatentsOnline (FPO)
- Google Patents
- Indian Patent Search (IPAIRS)
- US Patent and Trademark Office (PTO)
These are basically catalogues of Internet Resources.
Some of the selected list of newsletters are:
- Brain & Cognitive Sciences Newsletter
- CNS Newsletter
- Neuroscience Quarterly Archive
- Neuroscience Newsletter
Only selected ones are listed here. For a detailed list, visit here:
- Harvard Online Learning: Fundamentals of Neuroscience
- Khan Academy: Behavior
- MIT Opencourseware: Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- NPTEL: Humanities and Social Sciences
- Open Yale Courses: Psychology
- Udemy.com: Mental Helth
Cognition Laboratory Experiments is small set of experiments designed for cognitive psychology classes.
Genes to Cognition (G2C) Online is about modern neuroscience. It focuses on cognitive disorders, cognitive processes, and research approaches.
Free Educational Tools for Cognitive Neuroscience and it is free access to materials for students, educators, and researchers in cognitive psychology and cognitive neuroscience.
Visible Embryo is a comprehensive educational resource on human development from conception to birth. This site has images for most of the stages of prenatal development.
Academic Earth offers free online video lectures from major universities and colleges. It has comprehensive collection of free online college courses and provides video lectures on humanities and science & technology.
Free videos Lecture contains 1000+ Free Courses, 25000+ Video Lectures from 30+ Universities on 35+ Subjects, user can download the videos to the difference formats.
This is a comprehensive site providing thousands of downloadable Video lectures, Live Online Tests etc in the fields of science, computer science, engineering, medicine, management and accounting and psychology.
NPTEL provides E-learning through online-web and video courses. The mission of NPTEL is to enhance the quality of engineering education in the country by providing free online courseware.
TeacherTube is a free instructional and educational resources such as video, audio, documents, photos, groups and blogs shared by the teachers.
TEDx encourages discovering and sharing ideas with others. It has covered 30,000+ videos.
YouTube is provide the best lecture series videos on psychology, cognitive science and brain neuroscience.
BrainMeta Forum was established for the purpose of accelerating the development of neurosciences through web-based interaction.
Ernst Strungmann Forum promotes the research and communication on cognitive science and interdisciplinary subjects.
The Psychology Forum is online academic community of the students, professionals researchers related to psychology and mental health.
The Science Forum is Science discussion and the promotion of Science education in world.
- Brain Blogger
- Cognitive Science Blog
- Open Source Cognitive Science
- Research Digest Blog
- The Brain Blog
- World of Psychology
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association for Psychological Science
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
- Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness
- Cognitive Development Society
- Cognitive Science Society
- Division 3 American Psychology Association: Experimental Psychology
- European Association of Cognitive Ergonomics (EACE)
- European Brain and Behaviour Society
- European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence
- European Society for Cognitive Psychology
- European Society for Philosophy and Psychology
- European Society for the Cognitive Science of Music
- European Society for the Study of Cognitive Systems
- Experimental Psychology Society
- Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists
- Indian Society for Applied Behavioural Science
- International Association of Applied Psychology
- International Association for Cognitive Education and Psychology
- International Association for the Cognitive Science of Religion (IACSR)
- International Cognitive Linguistics Association
- International Society for Coaching Psychology (ISCP)
- International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP)
- National Academy of Psychology India
- Psychonomic Society
- Society for Philosophy & Psychology
- Society for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and Simulation of Behaviour (SSAISB)
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- APA Research Funding
- DST Cognitive Science Initative
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- Indian National Science Academy
- Life Sciences Research Board (DRDO)
- Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society (Cogsci)
- Cognitive Neuroscience Society Annual Meeting
- Indian Psychological Science Congress
- International Conference on Psychology and Allied Sciences (ICPAS)
- International Conference on Psychological Sciences and Behaviors
- World Conference on Psychology and Sociology
- Centre for International Mobility CIMO Fellowships programme
- DAAD - Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (German Academic Exchange Service)
- EPA Marshall Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- WPI Fellowships and Scholarships
- APA Award for Distinguished Contributions to the International Advancement of Psychology
- Atkinson Prize in Psychological and Cognitive Sciences
- Awards of the International Association for the Psychology of Religion
- David E. Rumelhart Prize
- Heineken Prize
- Robert J. Glushko Dissertation Prizes
- BRAIN Initiative, National Institutes of Health, USA
- National Brain Research Centre, India
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), National Institutes of Health, USA
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), India
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), National Institutes of Health, USA
- Neuroscience at NIH, USA
- COGENT: A Graphical Environment for Cognitive Modelling
- Psychologist Software
- AI, Cognitive Science & Robotics
- Brain Awareness Week
- Brain Observatory at the University of California
- Clinical Neurophysiology on the Internet
- Clinical Trials
- Computational Neuroscience on the World Wide Web
- Human Brain Project (HBP)
- Neuroscience Information Framework
- Neurosciences on the Internet: Best Bets
- The Birth of an Idea
About: Daniel Kahneman is an Israeli-American psychologist, He got the 2002 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with Vernon L. Smith. Kahneman is notable for his work on the psychology of judgment and decision-making, behavioral economics.
Lecture Videos: Click here
About: Herbert Alexander Simon is American social scientist known for his contributions to a number of fields, including psychology, mathematics, statistics and operations research, all of which he synthesized in a key theory that earned him the 1978 Nobel Prize for Economics.
Nobel Prize Lecture
About: Hermann Ebbinghaus was a German psychologist who pion- eered the experimental study of memory, and is known for his dis- covery of the forgetting curve and the spacing effect. He was also the first person to describe the learning curve.
Youtube Videos on Hermann Ebbinghaus click here
About: Steven Pinker is an experimental psychologist who is intere- sted in all aspects of language and mind. Much of his initial research was in visual cognition, the ability to imagine shapes, recognize faces and objects and direct attention within the visual field.
Filmed Talks: click here
Video Lecture on The Human Brain: click here
About: V.S. Ramachandran is a neurologist best known for his work in the fields of behavioral neurology and psychophysics. He is currently the Director of the Center for Brain and Cognition at the University of California, San Diego.
3 clues to understanding brain Video Lecture: click here